Our next Open Day is Sunday 1 May 2016
We are not doing our traditional, full scale Open Day, but we are offering Farm Tours, picnic space and a Long Table Lunch.
Caroola Farm is a family-owned, permaculture-based, beyond organic, local-market farm and informational outreach in the NSW Southern Tablelands. Established in 2012 with the intention to be a permaculture demonstration farm and working, profitable farm to service the local community. It is operated by Penny Kothe and Paul McKinnon.
We provide healthy and nutritious, locally produced and organically grown produce in small amounts from our integrated, holistically … CONTINUE READING
We’ve had a relax and revitalisation period over the Easter long weekend, and now it’s back to work with two markets on this weekend:
We will have limited Harvest Boxes available for collection at either market, or from the On-Farm Shop on Sunday, but require orders by 2pm Friday. Just $40 each and valued at over $50.
Produce this week includes:
- Limited Lamb, limited pork and chicken (we’ll be processing next week so stay tuned for where you can … CONTINUE READING
See you this weekend at:
- On-Farm Shop Fri 3-7pm
- Braidwood Farmers Market, National Theatre, Braidwood 8am to 12.30pm
- Canberra Harvest Festival 2-6pm
- On-Farm Shop Sunday 11-4pm
Order your Harvest Box in advance (by 2pm Friday) and don’t miss out. Just $40 each and valued at over $50. Pickup only at one of the destinations above 😉
Produce this week will include:
- Zucchini and Zucchini Flowers
- Stir-fry mix
We’ll try and take a little of everything to each venue including Pork, Chicken, Chicken Stock, Salad … CONTINUE READING
Friday March 11 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Terroir is a French word which broadly means a ‘sense and taste of place’.
Terroir comprises the unique elements; natural environment, climate and human influence.
Chef Christophe has prepared a menu using carefully selected seasonal produce and where possible organic. A unique dinner showcasing Bungendore’s terroir –
the unique tastes and flavours in and around our beautiful place.
On arrival – amuse bouche
Egg mimosa – … CONTINUE READING
It’s been hot and busy this week. So much so that we haven’t written a newsletter…
We’ll be at the On-Farm Shop 3-7pm Friday and 11-4pm Sunday plus at Braidwood Farmers Market on Saturday.
Email us to order a Harvest Box and let us know what you’d like in it. We’ll have:
- Salad Mix
- Herbs (Mint, Oregano, Thyme and a little Basil)
- Salad Dressings
We’ve been busy working in our voluntary capacities on the Preserving the Harvest workshop series (starts this Sunday 6 March, booking still available, just email us) … CONTINUE READING
What’s happening on the farm…
Upcoming activities at Caroola Farm
Farm tours Sunday 11am (in case it is hot) – bookings essential here
March 6 – Sugar and vinegar preservation of fruits and vegetables (eg: jam, jelly, paste, cordial, chutney, relish, sauce)
April 3 – Fermentation of vegetables and fruits (eg: sauerkraut, kimchi, miso, tempeh, ketchup, Indian chutney)
May 8 – Air exclusion, salt and fermentation for preserving meat and dairy … CONTINUE READING
Want to see the farm?
On Sunday 28 Feb, we will be doing a farm tour.
11.00am tour only (allow min. 1 hour) Tours will still proceed in wet weather (you’ll just need to come prepared)
Join us on farm for:
- An informative short talk on the history of Caroola Farm and our plans into the future. Inspiring you to think about what you can achieve in your own space – no matter what the size!
- Walking tour and explanation of the forest gardens and homestead area
- Walking tour and overview of our market garden enterprise
- Learn about our … CONTINUE READING
Order your organic Harvest Box in advance (by 2pm Friday) and don’t miss out. Just $40 each and valued at over $50. This week each box will include:
- Fresh salad mix
- Kombucha and Kefir drinks and
- Fresh herbs plus
- Extras thrown in for good measure
Just let us know if you want to substitute anything.
Other produce available on-farm or at the markets includes:
- Garlic (of course)
- Zucchini Flowers
- Green Beans
- Red onions
- Home-made salad dressing
- Chicken stock
- Duck stock
- Cordial (Rhubarb and Vanilla or Refreshing Mint)
- Duck eggs
… CONTINUE READING
Don’t miss out on Caroola Farm organic produce!
Order by 2pm Friday for collection of your Harvest Box – choose our Farm Fresh Collection Box or select products individually and you can choose what goes in it.
Collection options are:
- On-farm at Caroola Farm Friday 3 to 7pm
- Braidwood Farmers Market 9am to 12.30pm Saturday
- On-farm at Caroola Farm Sunday 11am to 4pm
- Deliveries on Mondays by prior arrangement (min. order $50)
Farm Fresh Collection Box (easy to order)
Plus one of the following – let us know what you want or we’ll select for you … CONTINUE READING