Caroola Farm Chicken, Coriander and Leek Soup – serves 5
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 25g butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 litres chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 big bunches fresh coriander (about 50g)
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and diced (or any other part of the chicken you like)
- Fresh Coriander to garnish
- Place a large saucepan and pre-heat to a medium heat.
- Add butter and melt
- Add leeks, onions, garlic and sweat until soft and translucent.
- Add the chicken stock and the coriander and blitz with a blender until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper
- Add the raw diced chicken and simmer gently until cooked (or if already cooked, till warmed through) – again, about 10 minutes.
Serve with fresh coriander