Well, we are over the shortest day of the year and we’ll only have more daylight – yay say the plants!
We’ve been incredibly busy prepping beds and planting out the last of the garlic and winter crops in preparation for our winter holiday – our last market will be Sunday 1 July at Southside and we’ll be back on Saturday 21 July in Bungendore – so, if you need Kombucha, Stocks, Beef and Chicken NOW is the time to stock up!
We’re heading north to the Big Red Bash and 22 degree days – yay! Many thanks in advance to our farm sitters who will help look after the animals and vegetables whilst we are away.
This week we’ll have FRESH, Organic Grass-fed Beef, plus Hillside Pastured chicken a small selection from the garden.
- Gluten free, Preservative free, Grain free Beef Sausages
- Mince – for great winter warming dishes
- Osso Bucco – great for broths and slow cooking
- Roasts – well, roasting or slow-cooking of course (we’ll have tasters at the Bungendore Farmers Market on Saturday)
- and more…
See you this weekend
- Bungendore Farmers Market Saturday 10am-2pm for a special Yuletide celebration – Butmaroo Street
- Southside Farmers Market Sunday 8am-11.30am – Canberra College
This week in the Kombucha stakes we’ll have:
Tamarillo – ok really yum!
Ginger and Tumeric
Plus we have loads of organic vegetable, chicken and beef stocks for all those great winter warmer dishes.
Get in quick for the best selection of Hillside Pastured chicken including whole, thighs, wings, maryland, breast and drumsticks… plus frames for those of you who like to make your own stock!