Caroola Farm Hearty Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1kg peeled pumpkin, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1L tomato passata
- 1L chicken stock or vegetable stock
- Cream and chives for garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat
- Add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin, potato tomato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
- Return to pot and heat
Serve with cream and chives