Seasonal eating can be a challenge in the colder months, as we run out of diversity unless we plan ahead (so if you haven’t stocked up on potatoes or passata you’d better get hunting). Whilst we have loads of produce planted, the cold and short days make the growing season long and slow 🙁
However, at home, we still like to keep things simple and make the most of what we have, waiting for the warmer days and longer growing hours in the garden. We’re making loads of one-pot meals with stocks, a little meat and whatever green we can find, with different flavours each time – from Massaman Beef Curry through to Chicken Stir Fry – a lot can be done with a little 🙂
Luckily, a range of meat is available throughout the year, this week we have organic grass-fed beef, with a focus on:
We do have a limited amount of organic, pastured pork including leg roast and loin chops.
We’ll be bringing Hillside Pastured Farm fresh chicken to the market again including:
- Whole Sommerlad pastured chicken
- Livers, feet, necks and frames
- Apple cider vinegar made fresh on the farm
- Blackberry mead vinegar – a perfect addition to salads
- Don’t forget, we’ve made up a whole new batch of herbal teas so come and check them out – peppermint, rose, nettle, mint, rosehip, hawthorn and more!
To get you through those months where it is hard to find fresh local garlic, we have:
- Garlic in honey
- Smoked garlic
- Fermented garlic
- Garlic scape pesto
- Pickled garlic scapes (on special this week for $5)
From the garden:
- Stir-fry mix
- Salad Mix
- Bok Choy
- Young Garlic
We have a range of Kombucha back including Blackberry, Peach, Red Currant and Turmeric and Rhubarb – all on a second ferment with locally sourced fruit.