Wwoofer/Volunteer/Worker pre-arrival information for Caroola Farm
What to bring (or purchase before arrival)
- Broad-brimmed Hat
- Rain jacket
- Long sleeve work shirts and pants
- Sturdy, enclosed work boots
- Personal refillable water bottle.
- Environmentally friendly personal hygiene products (e.g. soap, shampoo etc)
- Your own computer (we do not provide computer access)
What we provide
- Food on working days (other days are self-cater). Meals are the same as we eat ourselves.
- Accommodation including bedding. Be prepared to share quarters with other people of either gender (a la hostel).
- Limited capacity wireless internet available for basic emails and lookups only. No document, video or audio downloads.
- Transport to/from train station at Bungendore. In special circumstances we this may also be Goulburn or Canberra (train, bus, airport)
- Safety gear e.g. glasses, earmuffs
Where we are
- We are located in a rural area with no access to local shops without a vehicle. We are:
- 15km from Bungendore
- 30km from Braidwood
- 60km from Goulburn
- 60km from Canberra
- 90km from Batemans Bay (on the coast)
What our expectations are
- Work – Allocated work may be varied and may be of a physical nature in the open.
- Respect – for Hosts, other workers, visitors, guests, animals and property.