We have had rain – yay – finally. Spring is set to be bumper!
This week we’ve been cooking up loads of yummy things – but the best of the lot is a Hainanese Chicken Rice recipe that one of our regular customers (you know who you are) gave to us – talk about yum, yum and extra yum!
Serves 4 Preparation: 1 hour Cooking: 50 minutes plus 30 minutes resting
Ingredients:1 whole chicken (about 1.5kg), at room temperature,5 whole cloves garlic, plus 2 cloves, chopped,7 thick slices ginger, unpeeled,1 tbsp sesame oil,675g jasmine rice,1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, 1 tbsp light soy sauce,coriander, sliced cucumber and spring onion, to serve
Chilli Sauce: 6 red birds-eye chillies,2 tbsp grated ginger,2 garlic cloves,1 tsp caster sugar,1/4 tsp sea salt flakes,1 tsp lemon juice. Spring onion and ginger oil: 4 spring onions, thinly sliced,2 tbsp grated ginger,1/2 tsp sea salt flakes, 3 tbsp peanut oil. Dressing:1 tbsp sesame oil,2 tbsp light soy sauce
For the full recipe go to: Adam Liew Hainanese Chicken Rice recipe
Fresh in the fridges this week you’ll find a range of grass-fed, organic lamb!
- Loin Chops
- Forequarter Chops
- Neck chops
If you want something special you will need to let us know by Wednesday so that we can let the butcher know and set it aside just for you!
We still have organic, grass-fed beef available including:
- Mince; and
- Whole Sommerlad pastured chicken
- Livers, feet, necks and frames
Fresh from the garden:
- Purple Cauliflower
- Stir-fry mix
- Salad Mix
- Bok Choy
- Young Garlic
- Apple cider vinegar made fresh on the farm
- Blackberry mead vinegar – a perfect addition to salads
- Herbal tea mixes- peppermint, rose, nettle, mint, rosehip, hawthorn and more!
- Garlic in honey
- Smoked garlic
- Fermented garlic
- Garlic scape pesto
- Pickled garlic scapes (on special this week for $5)
- Kombucha back including Blackberry and Blueberry – all on a second ferment with locally sourced fruit.