Stop press, we’ll be at SAGE Farmers Market in Moruya next Tuesday 12 April – please pass this on to those you know who have been waiting for poultry to come back to the market 🙂
Back into the swing of things, we are off processing poultry tomorrow – a bit of a drive to Canowindra, but at this point we have no choice.
We’ll be at:
- The Southern Harvest Farmers Market in Bungendore on Saturday 9am to 1pm
- On-Farm Shop Sunday 11am to 4pm
- SAGE Farmers Markets in Moruya on Tuesday 2 to 6pm
We will have FRESH poultry at all of these places, but, saying that, many of the portions sell out quickly, so do let us know if you want to reserve something.
We will have limited Harvest Boxes available for collection on Saturday (Bungendore) or Sunday (on-farm) only. We do require orders by 2pm Friday for harvesting purposes. Just $40 each and valued at over $50.
Our harvest boxes comprise a selection of in-season farm vegetables, we are happy to include meat, but you’ll need to make a note when you complete the order form – the cuts and prices of meat are just a little complex to list 🙁
Produce this week includes the following (if you are ordering a Harvest Box, you’ll get a selection, not each and every item, although you are welcome to let us know if you do want some of everything, and we can add it:
- Fresh chicken, including portions – breasts, wings, thighs, drumsticks, necks, heads, feet, livers
- Limited duck – some whole, some portioned
- Salad Mix
- Stir-fry mix
- Limited Celery
- Limited Cucumber
- Spaghetti Squash
- Vegetable stock
- Chicken Stock
- Salad Dressings
- Blackberry Kombucha
- Cordials (Mint OR Rhubarb and Vanilla)
- Preserved Peaches
If you would like to order anything in advance, simply reply to this email – but don’t leave it too late as we’ll be busy harvesting and then heading to markets.
Upcoming activities at Caroola Farm
- Pastured Pigs – April 10 with Lee McCosker – one day only! $300 More information and bookings.
- May 8 – Air exclusion, salt and fermentation for preserving meat and dairy (eg: yoghurt, cheese, milk kefir, confit or rillettes) Early bird bookings for first 10 – booking out fast!
- Introduction to Permaculture – August 2016 with John Champagne – book now
- Permaculture Design Certificate Course – August to November 2015 with John Champagne – bookings being taken now
On the farm
It’s been hot and windy, and we can see fires in the distance, is it really Autumn? it feels like summer. Thank heavens for the row covers we use or everything would be bone dry. We have had to go back to our watering regime, and, if it does not rain soon we’ll have to water the new wetlands plantings too.
We are off processing poultry at Tablelands Premier Meats in Canowindra, they don’t use any chemicals or chlorine in the processing and it is all hand-processed – which means it is also not cheap, but they do a great job – just makes a long day for us catching and loading, driving there and back, coming home, labelling and then heading to the markets.
As yet, there has been no frost (touch wood), so all the summer produce is still growing, which is great, but means we are struggling for space for things like kale, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, leeks and more – we’ll do our best I guess.
We’re really excited to be part of the Boots for Change initiative at the Southern Harvest Farmers Market in Bungendore, as well as the Moruya Farmers Market – get to both if you can!
Enjoy the season.
Paul and Penny